Lunes, Setyembre 12, 2011

SATURDAY'S DELIGHT

      I woke up late last Saturday because I'm tired having a general cleaning in Friday.
      When I came out from the room, no one is home. Everybody has gone for it was already 9:30 in the morning.
      When I opened the refrigerator, wow!! I've seen trays of cooled gelatin in different colors and they smell so good. I have eaten two small trays of it and I really had enough then I go back to sleep.
      By the time that I don't feel like sleeping, I began to marvel how the food tastes like that and smells like that. It's so good, different from other gelatins I've ever tasted. Then I began searching an answer to my question.
      Here's one of the best ways to prepare it though not exactly the same as the one that I've eaten.

http://www.food.com


Ingredients:
  • 1 cup orange juice
  • 1 (40 g) packet orange jelly powder (orange jelly crystals)
  • 3/4 cup boiling water
  • 2 cups yogurt
  • 1/2 cup cream
  • oranges (to garnish) or lemon, segments (to garnish)


Procedure:
  1. Dissolve jelly in hot water and cool to room temperature, stir in orange juice and then yogurt until smooth.
  2. Refrigerate until mixture begins to set.
  3. Remove from fridge & whip until mixture is foamy.
  4. Beat cream, until fluffy and fold into mixture.
  5. Spoon into serving glasses & refrigerate until mixture is set, garnish with orange or lemon segments & some whipped cream.
*recipe source:http://www.food.com

It's not exactly the same as what my auntie has prepared last Saturday but I chose this recipe because of the orange garnish. It is because my auntie's delight tastes like orange though I did not see an orange in the food as you can see in the picture. I think it's the matter of flavoring.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento